Sunday, January 10, 2010

Book Review - Olive Kitteridge

Without the tele on all the time, I have been voraciously reading. So, I am taking this opportunity to give my 2 cents on Olive Kitteridge. It is a nice book. Well written and enjoyable that it is a novel comprised of short stories. I was disappointed at times because I wanted more involvement in some of the characters in the short stories that revolved around Olive. likewise, there were some short stories where Olives presence seemed contrived and out of place.

All in all, it was a good story, I enjoyed reading it and was left with an indelible impression of how you remember your life and how others think of it can be so different.

It is worth reading again, or as part of a book club. There are may parts that are worth discussion with other like and un-like minded readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment